The Genesis Team, led by a Certified Wound Care Nurse, provides advanced wound and skin care management for optimal wound healing and prevention of skin breakdown. Our primary goal is to provide homebound patients with a continuum of care that is not only individualized, but will provide effective treatments with measurable outcomes. Our team works closely with physicians and other clinicians to enhance the patient’s care.
On a national level, wound care is likely to be one of the top three reasons for patients requiring home care services. If not properly managed, the wound may deteriorate and threaten the patient’s life resulting in hospitalization or emergency care visit. Through skilled observation and assessment, by the Nurse, the goal is to identify those at risk for skin breakdown and initiate preventive measures, also to provide skilled wound care, plus patient/family education for prevention of wound infections.
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds (complicated and uncomplicated)
- Traumatic Wounds
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care
- Prevention of pressure ulcers
- Selection of pressure redistribution support surfaces
- Prevention of complications
- Patient, family and community education
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Palliative wound care